Lesson 5: Independent Events
In this lesson, we learn what it means for two (or more) events to be independent. We'll formally learn, for example, why we say that the outcome of the flip of a fair coin is independent of the flips that came before it.
- Learn how to determine if two events are independent.
- Learn how to find the probability of the intersection of two events if the two events are independent.
- Learn how to determine if three or more events are pairwise independent.
- Learn how to determine if three or more events are mutually independent.
- Understand each step of the proofs contained in the lesson.
- Practice applying the techniques learned in the lesson to new problems.