5.3 - Existing US Health Surveys
In the US, governmental agencies conduct surveys for various purposes at regular intervals. Investigate these surveys by following the links below, then complete Table 3.
1. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) https://www.cdc.gov/BRFSS/
2. Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) https://www.cdc.gov/HealthyYouth/yrbs/index.htm
3. National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhis.htm
4. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes.htm
5. California Health Interview Survey (CHIS) https://healthpolicy.ucla.edu/chis/about/Pages/about.aspx
Table 3: Comparison of US Health Surveys
|Target Population||Mode/Sampling Strategy/Size||Health Issues; Example of a Disease/Outcome and an Exposure||Notes|
You have finished the reading for Week 5. Table 3 above, completed, is part of your homework. (A blank WORD table is part of the Homework 3 file or you may create your own table.)
Check for the remaining homework problems in the Week 5 Homework 3 folder.